Making The Most of Your MCareMD Visit
Our Doctors Want You To Have A Positive Experience, Here Is How To Prepare For Your Online Urgent Care Visit.
Before you meet with your MCareMD provider, consider the following to help you get the most out of your medical visit:
- Aside from using their extensive medical experience, our doctors rely on your assessment of your own symptoms. Be as honest and as accurate as you can about how you feel and about your medical history.
- If you feel like you may have the flu or some other infection, your MCareMD doctor would want to check your temperature to know if you have a fever. Invest in a working thermometer and keep it near you during your visit.
- If you normally have low or high blood pressure or are on high blood pressure medication, the doctor may want to know what your blood pressure is before giving you any medication that might affect it. Invest in a working blood pressure cuff and keep it near you during your visit.
- Learn how to take your own pulse. Place your index and middle finger on your wrist or the side of your neck to find your pulse. Count the number of pulses you feel in a 15 second span. Multiply the number by 4 and that is a rough estimate of your pulse rate per minute.
- Have the addresses and phone numbers of your pharmacy and primary care doctor or other providers handy in case the doctor needs that information to coordinate your care.
As much as we’d love to address all your medical complaints, pesky time constraints limit us to focus on one or two per call. We want to do our utmost to help you and give you the best experience you’ve had with a doctor yet. So, please help us by being concise, clear, and organized about which issue you’d like us to help you with. Write down your issues in the order you think is most important to you. That always is a big help.